Results from Jan. 2008 "Keiser Open" in Wickenburg, AZ
||Daystate CR-97 SE
||MTC Viper 6-24
- While the rest of the country is freezing their buns off, 12 intrepid
shooters from Arizona braved the elements to shoot our first field target
match of the season…..
- OK, so it was cool in the morning, warming to about 70 degrees, with
bright sunshine, and very light, high, wispy clouds.
What can I say, the weather was perfect with only a slight breeze to
make some pellet placement interesting.
- This was the Keiser Open, with Dale and Debbie Keiser as Co-Match
directors. The range location was on both sides of a wash with target
placement under logs, behind bushes, through trees, and up in trees.
There were 10 lanes set up with 2 to 3 targets per lane.
Initially is was to be a 50 shot match, but with one target
malfunction, was reduced to 48.
- Interestingly, all shooters were shooting Precharged guns, and came from
all over the state to shoot; Wickenburg, Flagstaff, Camp Verde, Phoenix,
Apache Junction, Tuscon, and one shooter, Greg Frostad, drove all the way
from New Mexico!
- Bobby Corcorran put the hurt on all of us with his blistering score to win
this first match of the year. Bobby
also placed 10th in the Worlds this past October in Tennessee.
- It should be noted that we had 3 husband / wife couples shooting,
indicating that airgunning and field target are truly family events.
- After the match, Debbie and Dale provided lunch of hamburgers, hot dogs,
and a really killer chili along with all the condiments and beverages.
A very big THANK YOU goes out to them for running a terrific match to
get the 2008 season off to a great start.
- Next months, and subsequent matches thereafter, will be the 3rd
Saturday of the month. Refer to
the CALENDAR on our website for more
- Respectfully submitted,
- Mark Kauffman
Airgunners of Arizona